Christian Formation Coordinator
St. Timothy’s Episcopal Church in West Des Moines, Iowa seeks a Christian Formation Coordinator to oversee our children’s and youth ministries. Under the supervision of the rector (priest), this position works with our volunteer formation teachers to provide quality programming that helps our children and youth grow and mature in their faith.
About St. Timothy’s
St. Timothy’s is a vibrant Episcopal congregation with a number of young families. We have faithfully worshipped and served in the West Des Moines community since our founding more than 65 years ago. Our church has a heart for outreach, and we strive to live into our mission to be “the hands, feet, and voice of Christ in the world.” We are committed to embracing diversity and showing the hospitality of Christ’s love to all people. If you enjoy working with kids, helping them grow in their faith, and teaching them to put their faith into action through serving others, we’d love to talk with you!
- Create and manage schedule of teachers for children’s and youth formation
- Recruit and train new formation teachers
- Assist as needed with seasonal offerings such as Vacation Bible School and Lenten Wednesday Night Series
- Collaborate with rector (priest) in reviewing formation curricula and selecting new curricula when needed
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Personable and effective communicator
- Previous experience with children and youth in either a work or church setting
- Affirming of LGBTQ+ youth
- Familiarity with the Episcopal Church (preferred, not required)
Compensation, Hours, and Benefits
- Starting pay: $15/hour
- Approximately 10 hours/week — not to exceed 520 hours annually
- Hours include Sunday mornings; other hours are flexible and can be adapted to the employee’s schedule
- 30 hours (3 weeks) of Paid Time Off annually
- $200 available annually for Continuing Education relevant to position
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to the Rev. Kyle Carswell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are open until position is filled.