On September 9th, 1956, St. Timothy’s Episcopal Church held its very first church service – without a building, but with a site and a plan for the future.
In the decades since the last brick was laid, we have continued to partner with our community in new and creative ways. We started a preschool, held carnivals in the summer, engaged our immediate neighborhood with a specialized newsletter, and have sprung up community ministries in the forms of a food pantry garden and the now recognized 501c3 FreeStore. In recent years, we have partnered with the Youth Justice Initiative to help further the ministry of restorative justice. We have produced Salvation Army casseroles and filled a friendly freezer with meals for food insecure members of our community. We have created and supported “Re-Entry Teams,” in conjunction with Women at the Well, to mentor women who have recently been released from prison.
We are committed to continuing this ministry of caring for our neighbors and invite you to join us on this journey.