First Sunday of Advent
Saturday, November 27
- 5:00 pm: Service of Holy Eucharist in the Parish Hall
Sunday, November 28
- 9:45 am Children Living the Word on FB
- 10:15 am: Service of Holy Eucharist in the sanctuary and live on YouTube
- 10:15 am: Agape Meal, a concurrent worship service especially for families with children under 12, held in the parish hall and on the patio
- 11:15 am: Drive Up Communion
Subscribe to St. Timothy’s on YouTube:
Worship Service Guidelines at St. Timothy’s
Due to the level of community transmission in Polk County (CDC ranks us as HIGH) the following changes have been enacted until further notice:
- Masks are required at worship services.
- The congregation is allowed to sing hymns with the cantor — masks are still required.
- Communion wafers will be brought to the congregation on Saturday and at the Sunday Agape Meal. At the 10:15 am sanctuary service, communion will be distributed from the center aisle. Intinction will be offered at 5pm and 10:15am Eucharist services beginning Nov. 6 & 7.
- We will continue physical distancing
- Hospitality is on pause until further notice.
Additionally, masks are required to enter our building during the week and any visits outside of office hours will be “by appointment” only.
Due to the increased test positivity rates, we have developed a new policy regarding notification to the parish of positive COVID exposure. The intent is to let our parishioners make informed moves regarding their health and that of those around them in light of the possible exposure.
Thanks for your cooperation as we continue our efforts to provide a safe place to worship and work.
- 5:00 pm Saturday: Worship takes place in the parish hall. Please park in the circle drive or on 24th Street and enter through the patio door closest to the kitchen.
- 10:15 am Sunday: Please park in the lower level parking lot. The doors will be open from 9am to 11:45 am. Following the service, there will be hospitality offered in the parish hall and drive-up communion offered in the circle drive until 11:30 am. Drive-up communion will be offered until August 29.
Our 2nd Sunday Offering partner for November:
Our Second Offering Partner for the month of November is Center for Social Ministry.
The mission for the CSM is to provide poverty awareness and social justice education that transforms and empowers to drive change. That programming ranges from a social justice literature “book club” to poverty simulations, urban immersions, and the wide breadth of JustFaith Ministries programs.
Join us in November to stories of involvement and how we can be the hands + feet + voice of Christ through this organization.
To contribute toward your pledge, our 2nd Offering Partner, and more — Please use our PayPal button and select from the dropdown provided.
Upcoming Advent & Christmas Services
- Sunday, December 19
- Tuesday, December 21
- 7:00 pm: A Service of Remembrance and Hope
- Friday, December 24, Christmas Eve
- 5:00 pm: Pre-recorded family-friendly service
- 9:00 pm: Service of Lessons & Carols (register to attend here)
- Saturday, December 25, Christmas Day
- 9:00 am: Holy Eucharist
- Sunday, December 26
- 10:15 am: Morning Prayer on Zoom
- Sunday, January 2
- 10:15 am: The Feast of the Epiphany
Around Our Diocese:
Sunday Diocesan Services and Opportunities:
Many generous worship communities in our diocese are contributing Sunday services each week. Please feel free to check them out!