Updated Monday, March 23rd
During current the CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) outbreak, we are doing what we can to mitigate risks to our staff, church family and our greater community. Please know that as soon as it is reasonably safer to gather again with one another, we will do so. Until that time comes, please look over our adjustments below and keep yourselves as safe as possible.
Weekday/ Weekend Services and Formation
- No on-site or in-person public worship services through the end of April
- Worship with Bishop Scarfe and more COVID-19 information from the Episcopal Diocese of Iowa
- Washington National Cathedral Daily Morning/Evening Prayer (includes links to podcasts and resources)
Even during this time of self-quarantine, social distancing, and other considerations, most want to maintain some level of contact with their churches and church family. Here’s how St. Timothy’s will be in touch:
- We will continue with Facebook posts with updates. See both St. Timothy’s Page and Friends of St. Timothy’s group.
- Connection calls are being made by parishioners to parishioners to check in.
- Updated information will be updated as soon as possible on this page of our new website. Please check back often. We will continue to share weekly updates through our E-News.
Care of Others
At this time, we encourage you to check in with your church family and friends! Our vestry has begun reaching out to some parishioners, but you are always welcome to write an email, text, Facetime, Facebook message or call the people you miss seeing each weekend. An updated version of our directory will be sent to your email accounts. Please let us know if you have difficulty opening it or if you didn’t receive the email that was sent.
As you know, so many plans are up in the air right now. Regardless of how the rest of Lent and Easter play out, we are presenting the opportunity for you to contribute to our Easter Flower fund. This year it may be that the flowers & plants are more immediately shared with parishioners who are unable to attend our services at the best of times. Please consider continuing to support this ministry. The online link to order is below. If you would like a hardcopy version, please contact the church office.
Click here to contribute to flowers:
We’ve also included this button for giving to our 2nd Offering Partner in March, Women at the Well.
Note: Your contribution for tax purposes will be less the Pay Pal fees.
Your weekly or pledge giving is certainly appreciated and can still continue.
You are, of course, welcome to continue sending any 2nd Offering or pledge monies through the postal mail to:
St. Timothy’s Episcopal Church
1020 24th Street
West Des Moines IA 50266
Links To More Helpful Information
Please check here and on our Facebook pages for links as new information becomes available. We have also included worship tools and more. Additional resources can be found in the body of Bishop Scarfe’s Communique. If you have questions, please contact us at: email@example.com